Gift Wrapping

We offer a Gift Wrapping Service on all of our items.

 

Sterling Silver Jewellery

About Sterling Silver

How to look after your Sterling Silver Jewellery

About Sterling Silver



Sterling Silver contains 92.5% silver and the remaining 7.5% being other metals, usually copper.  Pure Silver is too soft on it's own, therefore another alloy is added to help harden and enhance the material, 925 parts per thousand of pure silver, so you will see the 925 figure to designate silver content. 

Sterling Silver is marked with a 925 stamp.  Items weighing over 7.78grams are required by law to be Hallmarked.

Example Hallmark

Example of a Hallmark - Sterling Silver Jewellery


Makers Name

Example 925 Silver Hallmark - Sterling Silver

925 Sterling Silver

Example Hallmark - Sterling Silver

Birmingham Assay Office